It is quickly coming up to that time of year when everything you see is about Valentine’s day and happy couples. Posts about love, date nights and what kind of gifts to buy your significant other. It is great and I love seeing people happily in love but it can also be the time that a lot of single people feel alone. I for one have never spent Valentine’s day with someone special, having always been alone I know how it feels. I have come to realise that it is just another day but that there are also things we can do to treat ourselves.
It doesn’t just have to be a day about couples. It is also a great opportunity to spend some time with your friends.
- Plan a dinner party. Get all dressed up, have a theme and if you all like cooking perhaps make the food together. Or order in.
- Spa afternoon or night. Take some time to pamper yourselves. You could go out and get a facial or your nails done or for a more cheaper option do it at home with some wine and chocolate.
- Get dressed up and go out. Go out for dinner or out for drinks. It’s always fun to get dressed up as well.
- Picnic. If the weather is nice make the most of it. Get your friends together, find a nice spot outside somewhere and have a relaxing time out.
I know I for one am surrounded by couples which in turn means that most people are going to be busy on this day.
- Order pizza (or your favourite food) and watch your favourite movies or tv series.
- Go on a road trip. Go explore somewhere you haven’t been before or maybe visit your favourite place.
- Treat yourself to a spa day. The same as above but why not do it by yourself too. Get a massage or something else to pamper yourself. You can even do it at home and make a whole evening out of it.
- See family. Have you got a grandparent or maybe nieces and nephews that you could spend time with?
- Get all dressed up and go on a shopping trip. There’s something nice about getting dressed up and maybe there’s something you have been eyeing up in the store.
- Spend the day cooking. Make your favourite foods and you could even do some baking to give to others.
These are just a few different ideas. It can be a hard time for some but at the same time it doesn’t always have to be. You are important so why not take the day to show yourself some extra love.
Have you got any other ideas on what to do? Or how are you planning on spending Valentine’s Day?